When is the best time for surgery? Deciding whether to have an operation when you are off during your summer holidays, or waiting until the temperatures are lower so you don’t expose yourself under the sun can be such a tough decision.
In reality, there is no “perfect” time to get surgery. It will fully depend on your needs – the nature of the surgery, work responsibilities… Some surgical procedures require some resting period, so it is hard to determine when it will be more convenient in whole.
I am only certain about one thing: you will absolutely love the result. Let’s analyse pros and cons of having surgery in every season to help figure out what will work the best for your routine.
- Everything seems to be more relaxed during the summer and people often feel more optimistic.
- You might need to use your summer vacation time to recuperate, sadly, indoors.
- Minor procedures: Botox, fillers.
- Ideal time to have a surgery for most people. We tend to have our mind set to get “work” done this time of year.
- Pretty busy time at the clinic, make sure you have it set in advance.
- Breast surgery, body contouring, facial surgery.
- Universally, ideal time to undergo any type of cosmetic surgery, from facelift to liposuction. Cooler weather makes it easy to conceal changes.
- It can feel like more of a drag to recover when the weather isn’t great.
- Facelift, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty (eyelid tuck), Body contouring-Liposuction, abdominoplasty (tummy-tuck), breast surgery.
I hope this article helps you make your decision. Please, get in touch here if you would like to obtain a personalised diagnosis in our professional clinic or have any other request!