How long will It take me to recover from a neck lift?
After a neck lift, you can expect a recovery period of about two weeks. There will be some bruising and swelling along the front of your neck and behind your ears during the first week post surgery. Your sutures will likely be removed in the first week as well – between 7 and 10 days after surgery.
It’s important to follow your surgeon’s instructions after your neck lift to ensure successful results and a healthy recovery. Your doctor and care team will share specific instructions to follow after your surgery. These may include:
- Asking someone to stay with you during the first 24 hours after your surgery to help you rest and recover
- Having a supply of gauze and towels to change any bandaging as directed by your surgeon
- Keeping your head propped up in a comfortable position to promote circulation and reduce swelling
- Taking at least one week off from work to help your body rest and recover
- Using ice packs to reduce swelling
- Wearing loose, comfortable clothing that can be easily pulled over your head or unbuttoned
Neck lifts are generally safe but, as with any surgery, carry certain risks of side effects. Contact your doctor immediately if you develop a low-grade fever or have unusual bleeding or swelling along your incisions.